Thanksgiving can be a great time to be thankful and appreciate who and what we have. It is also a time for families and friends to get together and enjoy other’s company.
We did a poll of the students and teachers to learn what they are thankful for. We asked, “What are you thankful for and why?” The second question we asked is, “Who are you thankful for and why?” We found out the following:
• Ky’mhere is thankful for his family and parents because, “they are the only ones I have.”
• Ms. Ortega, fourth grade teacher, is thankful for family and friends because “they help me grow and support me. I am also thankful for my husband because he loves and supports us and is caring.”
• Aneya is thankful for life because, “I can live. I am thankful for my family because I love them.”
• Anevay is thankful friends because, “I don’t want to be alone. I am thankful for Gina, Yulisa, Lia and Sienna because (they) are the best!”
• Ms. Brandt, fourth grade teacher, is thankful for her health and life because, “I am able to go out and do what I love to do. I am thankful for Ms. Madrigal because she has helped me and supported me at school.”
What are you thankful for and who are you thankful for? Why are you thankful for these things?